Crown Relocations specialise in Office Relocations, transportation, warehousing and project managed business relocations. Crown has a network of 11 offices and warehouse facilities strategically located around New Zealand. Whether you're moving across town, to a new city or to and from single or multiple sites, you can contact us for an obligation free quotation.
Partnering with Crown provides the opportunity to:
- Deal with a proven market leader who have successfully completed some of New Zealand’s largest relocations and logistics projects.
- Work with specialised office moving personnel who are not multi tasking, understand requirements and configurations of all office layouts and have the resources to deliver on time and within budget.
- Receive the benefit or our experience and expertise not only within New Zealand but also through our access to Worlds Best Practice.
- Utilise our nationwide branch network to deliver a consistent national approach.
Project management services
The secret to a successful office moving project is in combining effective planning and competent management whilst protecting facilities and assets. We have the know-how, equipment and hands-on experience to complete any project on schedule and within budget.
We find that having clear and well defined lines of communication between all stakeholders is the key to a successful relocation. For major projects we appoint a specialised Project Manager to work closely with our client. The Project Manager is an integral part of our clients team and is involved at all levels to scope, plan, budget and successfully deliver on planned outcomes.
Here are some of the larger projects we have recently been involved with:
- Auckland Council: The Auckland council merger involved the relocation of up to 400 staff per weekend from up to 30 locations across a 100km area. This required detailed planning and multiple crews to ensure that every move was completed in line with the customer’s expectations. This contract was due to run out in March this year, but we have now extended it until 2012.
- IRD Christchurch: IRD had 1,000 staff located over four locations in Christchurch. The moves were staged over a number of weekends and included the packing and relocation of all computers and the cataloguing, removal and storage of surplus furniture. The project was completed on time and under budget.
- Bank of New Zealand: Crown Relocations relocated 2,500 staff and chattels from multiple sites to new buildings in both Auckland and Wellington. There were multiple pickup and delivery points from a number of buildings. In addition to relocating confidential mortgage files in sequence, Crown was required to remove monitor stands from all personal computers, pack them and relocate them. The biggest single relocation was 300 staff – 40% of these staff had dual monitors and hard-drives thus 400 staff/computer equivalents were moved and setup within 24 hours.
- National Library of New Zealand: Crown relocated the Alexander Turnbull Library and other high value collections for the National Library as they under took an extensive refit of their Wellington site. This move entailed the packing and removal of millions of books and photographs, over 80,000 thousand paintings and many other collections recording the nations history. This was the largest single relocation of its type ever in New Zealand and was delivered on time and within budget.
Moving IT equipment
We specialise in moving IT Equipment. Our specialist teams can unplug, pack, relocate, set up and test your companies PC’s and data devices. We have experience ranging from basic PC setup to multiple hard-drives and monitor workstations. Our staff are also experienced in the removal of monitor stands and affixing monitors. We will also connect phone lines and quality check each assembly to establish any dead spots that may affect business continuity. Get in touch for a moving IT equipment quote
We provide a nationwide network of safe and secure storage facilities. Many of our commercial clients choose to control their storage through our Asset Management System (AMS) for Track and Traceability. We have opened new purpose-built sites in Hamilton, Christchurch, Nelson and Auckland. All of our facilities meet relevant building codes, local council and fire service requirements and are subjected to a range of daily, monthly and annual checks. Get in touch for a storage services quote
Disposal & recycling services
We provide a comprehensive disposal service for companies looking to divest themselves of surplus office furniture, documents, IT equipment etc. A key part of our environmental programme is to recycle and reuse through the auctioning and donation of these items. Get in touch for a disposal and recycling quote
Cartonless relocation system
We recommend the use of our environmentally friendly cartonless relocation systems. We can replace cartons with 100% recyclable Crates. Each Crate can be sealed with a unique tag for any secure documents and are pre assembled for ease of use. Each set of 4 Crates sits on its own trolley which reduces the handling required and enables a faster, less costly and more efficient move. Get in touch for a cartonless relocation system quote
Crown has extensive expertise in not only large scale logistical projects but also in the packing and relocation of valuable artefact, libraries, sequential filing systems and critical assets. These specialised moves could include laboratories, museums, hospitals and warehouses. We are very familiar in working within a broader construction programme of which the physical relocation is only a small component. Get in touch for a specialised moving quote