Moving to New Zealand
Ever dreamed of living in a country surrounded with natural beauty? With a laidback lifestyle and relaxed environment no matter where you go? Every year, thousands of people decide to turn this dream into a reality and move to New Zealand.
From the picturesque South Island landscapes, to modernised living in Auckland, or to the creative culture of Wellington, Crown can help you move to any corner of New Zealand. If you are migrating or returning home, we can help make your transition as smooth as possible thanks to our customer-first approach to doing business.
At Crown, we realise that moving home is much more than just the shipment of your items from A to B, and that there are many other things that need to be considered to ensure a successful transition. As well as the physical relocation of your household goods, we also offer you help with immigration, settling in to your new environment and finding potential schools for your children.
Contact us today to see what makes Crown different from the rest!
Moving with Crown Relocations
Our company’s Worldwide Quality Program prioritises customer needs and ensures they receive top quality service every step of the way. Our Packing Techniques have been tried, tested and perfected and seen thousands of containers moved successfully every year. Our workers on the frontline embody our unique set of brand values and way of doing things.
When it comes to move your furniture and valuables to New Zealand, we have a number of different options available:
Shared containers are a popular choice, and often used for small shipments of items. These containers are often shared with other Crown customers and are very cost efficient, as you only pay for the amount of space you use.
For things you just can’t live without, we provide an Air Freights service, which is the quickest method of international transportation.
Sole-Use Shipping Containers are most often used for full house loads, and ensure a quick relocation.
Your items will be wrapped and packed by our team of workers who comply with internationally recognised standards. All quotes are for a full door-to-door service, and include shipping, the AQIS Inspection Fee (which a lot of companies exclude) and delivery to your new home. If you also need assistance with the relocation of vehicles or pets.
Where to from here?
To arrange a quotation, free phone our office on 0508 227 696,
Get an online ‘Ballpark’ estimate
Complete our Home Visit request form
Or, get a Full quote for your relocation
To convert your money to Australian dollars the cheapest and most reliable way, check out our guide for Moving Your Money.
What makes New Zealand special?
• Moving to Auckland- The vibrant, cosmopolitan atmosphere plays host to a wide range of attractions from beaches, music and cultural festivals to state of the art business centres and opportunities.
• Moving to Christchurch– Christchurch City is the largest city in the South Island of New Zealand. It is internationally famed as the "Garden City" because of its many beautiful parks, gardens and tree-lined streets.
• Moving to Wellington– Wellington’s creative vibe and energetic atmosphere sets it apart from all other cities in New Zealand. “The world’s coolest little capital city” as described by Lonely Planet, reportedly has more cafes, bars and restaurants per capita than New York!
• Moving to Dunedin– Dunedin is situated in the south of the South Island and is known for its colourful student population. Dunedin is the Gaelic name for Edinburgh and is famous for its strong links with Scotland. Dunedin has wonderful harbours, beaches and spectacular scenery and is an easy-going, friendly and cosmopolitan city.
• Moving to Hamilton– One of New Zealand’s greenest cities, Hamilton lies nestled in the heart of a rich farming region. It also has a good climate, beautiful scenery, gorgeous rivers and lakes, a clean green environment and top educational facilities. Furthermore, Hamilton's business community is very prosperous.
• Moving to Tauranga- Tauranga is the business centre of the Bay of Plenty, an area recognized as one of the holiday centres of New Zealand. The region’s temperate climate, high sunshine hours and safe, white beaches are a draw for holidaymakers year-round. Tauranga and the beachside town of Mt. Maunganui are dominated by the harbour and "the Mount", a 232 meter high extinct volcano.
• Moving to Nelson- Nelson is a great place to live and we think you'll love it! You can participate in just about any sport or leisure activity you can think of and probably much more. Flowing through the urban areas, there is an extensive network of parks, walkways and cycle-ways for recreation and of course the region borders three awesome national parks.
• Moving to Palmerston North- Palmerston North is a vibrant youthful city and is known as "The Knowledge City" holding several tertiary educational orga nizations, the largest being Massey University. It also hosts a number of annual national and international shows and events.
• Moving to Hawkes Bay- A Mediterranean-like climate gives rise to the region’s reputation for being the "food bowl" of New Zealand. Here, you will find no shortage of farmers' markets, specialty food shops and fantastic restaurants whose menus draw on the region’s prolific local produce.