COVID-19 Alert Level Update
A message to all customers, service partners and suppliers
COVID-19 Update: 17th November 2021
The wellbeing of our customers and people is our top priority. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic Auckland remains at Alert Level 3 Step 2. All of Waikato has moved to Alert Level 2 with the rest of New Zealand.
You can now travel from Alert Level 3 to Alert Level 2 for relocating permanently to:
- move into a new property that they have purchased or rented
- start a new job
- undertake tertiary education or study
For more information read the latest COVID update here.
Alert Level 3 and Alert Level 2
Crown Relocations are open for business at Alert Level 3 and Alert Level 2. Many of our customers are seeking assurances that we meet the guidelines for operating a business. The safety standards detailed below are not exhaustive. They do however provide an insight into what you can expect from a Crown managed move, during this difficult time.
No matter what level we operate under, we would like to assure both our customers and staff that we will continue to maintain our safety standards for their protection. Here is a summary of our Crown safety standards;
- Some Crown staff are working from home. Our offices and canteens have been re-configured to facilitate social distancing.
- At Alert Level 3 we expect ‘contactless’ engagement with customers. This ideal scenario is to have only one customer at any address, for either a sales or operational visit.
- At Alert Level 2 we prefer ‘contactless’ engagement with customers. However, for an operational visit, if customers observe physical distancing protocols (2 m safety zone) we can have more than one person in the home.
- We will only perform formal sales presentations if the seating arrangements enable social distancing. Our sales consultants can be shown around an address (by a customer), given a 2m safety zone.
- We have robust contact tracing systems that document interactions between staff, customers, suppliers and site visitors.
- Our operation crews are being contacted by their supervisors during the day to ensure they are feeling well and not showing flu like symptoms.
- Within 100kms of a Crown office we will not use 3rd party contracted workers in our Crown Relocations business. Outside the 100km zone (and if it makes perfect sense) we may use an approved service partner to assist with loading or unloading, at residence or into private storage. These partners will be expected to follow our same standards.
- Our crews have staggered start times to limit crowding and interaction at despatch. Whenever possible they are working in the same two to three person units. They practice social distancing based upon a minimum 1m distance with each other and 2m with customers.
- We have a maximum of two crew members in our trucks and vans, unless a van has additional seating that enables correct distancing. If three or more staff are required, we will take additional vehicles to the work site, or drop them off.
- For domestic moves our delivery crews will not unpack cartons. They will set up the beds, get everything into the right rooms, unpack the furniture and take away the debris. However, there may be exceptions, in the event a customer has physical limitations and will struggle with the task.
- Every Crown Operations Manager, supervisor and crew member is trained in our Level 3 Safety Guidelines. New employees receive a thorough induction as they are on-boarded.
- All crew members have been issued with their own Personal Protection Equipment (PPE). This includes masks, hand sanitiser, soap and personal tool boxes. The availability of PPE is a variable that can cause temporary adjustments to our safety procedures.
- We have secured a stock of hospital grade spray sanitiser. Our crews may use this at an addresses that has not been empty for four days. It is not sprayed directly onto hard surfaces. The spray settles and evaporate within 15 minutes.
Special Note: The availability of PPE is a variable that could cause temporary adjustments to our safety procedures.
In summary, Crown Relocations understand that a safety first approach is essential and that limiting interactions with others is the best defense against COVID-19. We hope you are satisfied with our safety standards and look forward to being of service.