Moving to Australia
Are you Moving to Australia?
The number of Kiwis ‘crossing the ditch’ has boomed in the last two decades with consistently over 500,000 New Zealand citizens living in Australia. Crown Relocations has relocated many of these expatriates to all corners of our neighbouring country.
We provide international relocation services to all Australian locations via our nationwide network of branches and facilities located in: Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Palmerston North, Wellington, Nelson, Christchurch and Dunedin.
So whether you are looking to move to the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth or Canberra, you can trust us to provide a Crown-to-Crown, one company, service for your moving experience.
Check out our blog on Moving to Australia and our travel guides to the major cities in Australia, that are designed to provide you with everything you need to know as a potential expatriate.
What makes Australia special?
- Moving to Sydney – with a sunny, vibrant atmosphere, internationally recognised tourist attractions and an event filled calendar. Sydney is one of the most-loved and sought after cities to live in the world
- Moving to Brisbane – Brisbane’s multicultural environment, creative vibe and subtropical climate entices travellers from around the world and has helped Queensland’s crowning jewel to become Australia’s fastest growing city
- Moving to Melbourne – consistently recognised internationally as one of the world’s most liveable cities, Melbourne boasts a acclaimed arts scene, passionate sporting culture and dynamic social pulse. Like Sydney, it consistently ranks as one of the most sought after cities to live in worldwide
- Moving to Perth – Perth is said to have more sunny days per year than any other Australian city and its relaxed outdoor atmosphere and festive beach culture is testament to the sun-drenched climate
- Moving to Canberra – Australia’s capital city provides an easy going atmosphere and cosmopolitan feel to residents
- Moving to Adelaide – From long beachfronts, festivals and sporting events to growing defense and manufacturing sectors, Adelaide’s hub of activity has seen it consistently climbing living standards rankings as one of the world’s most liveable cities
Need more information on quality packing, wrapping and shipping options?
Crown’s Worldwide Quality Program ensures that our customers receive the best service possible every step of the way. This includes tested and perfected Packing Techniques that see thousands of containers moved every year, as well as workers who embody our unique set of brand values and way of doing things.
There are a number of different options available when it comes to moving your furniture and valuables to Australia:
- Shared containers are a popular choice and often used for small shipments of items. These containers are often shared with other Crown customers and are very cost efficient as you only pay for the space you use
- Sole-Use Shipping Containers are most often used for full house loads and ensure a quick relocation over the Tasman
- For things you just can’t live without, we provide an Air Freights service which is the quickest method of international transportation
All of your furniture will be packed and wrapped by our team who comply with internationally recognised standards and our company’s customer-first philosophy. All quotes are for a full door-to-door service and include shipping, the AQIS Inspection Fee (which a lot of companies exclude) and delivery to your new home. We are also able to fully assist with the relocation of pets and vehicles if needed.
Where to from here?
For information on our branches in Australia visit the Crown Australia website: www.crownrelocations.com.au
To convert your money to Australian dollars the cheapest and most reliable way, check out our guide for Moving Your Money.