Moving to New Zealand
Kia Ora! Are you Relocating to New Zealand?
Get an obligation FREE quote by completing the Shipment of Household Goods form
Ever dreamed of living in a country surrounded with natural beauty? With a laidback lifestyle and relaxed environment no matter where you go? Every year, thousands of people decide to turn this dream into a reality and move to New Zealand.
From the picturesque unspoilt South Island landscapes, to the multicultural melting pot that is living in Auckland, or to the creative culture of Wellington, Crown can help you move to any corner of New Zealand. If you are migrating or returning home, we can help make your transition as smooth as possible thanks to our customer-first approach to doing business.
At Crown, we realise that moving home is much more than just the shipment of your items from A to B, and that there are many other things that need to be considered to ensure a successful transition. As well as the physical relocation of your household goods, we also offer you help with immigration, settling in to your new environment and finding potential schools for your children.
Moving with Crown Relocations
For those who are considering a relocation to New Zealand, you can’t go better than having Crown Relocations manage everything from destination. We provide a complete ‘one stop’ service that can begin with the immigration process and end with a successful settlement into your new home in New Zealand.
With respect to quotations for moving your furniture we can source the most competitive bids possible and give you a number of different options. These include:
- Shared Containers are a popular choice and are often used for small shipments of items. These containers are often shared with other Crown customers and are a very cost efficient option, as you only pay for the amount of space you use.
- For those items that you just can’t live without, we provide an Air Freight service. You will find this is the quickest method of international transportation.
- Sole-use Shipping Containers are most often used for full house loads, and ensure the most efficient and quick relocation time frame.
Any removal quotations you source from us are for a full door-to-door service, and will include shipping, the Ministry of Primary Industries (which a lot of companies exclude) and delivery to your new home. Best of all you don’t even pay until you get here!
We will insure your personal effects at destination so in the unlikely event of an insurance issue or claim there will be no need to refer back to your country of origin as we manage our own policy and settle our own claims
It doesn’t stop there as once you arrive we can support you and your family through our Settling in Services and even save you money by setting up your new home with rental furniture while yours is in transit.
If anything concerns you then we are right here at destination and there is no need to constantly refer back to your country of origin for information or answers to your questions.
What makes New Zealand special?
- Moving to Auckland — The vibrant, cosmopolitan atmosphere plays host to a wide range of attractions from beaches, music, major sports events, two stunning harbours and cultural festivals to state of the art business centres and booming local economy.
- Moving to Christchurch — the largest city in the South Island of New Zealand. It takes its nickname from the green personality of this city with its many beautiful parks, gardens and tree-lined streets.
- Moving to Wellington — Wellington’s creative vibe and energetic atmosphere sets it apart from all other cities in New Zealand. “The world’s coolest little capital city,” as described by Lonely Planet, reportedly has more cafes, bars and restaurants per capita than New York! Many people refer to Wellington as being New Zealand’s mini-Melbourne due to its strong creative arts community and thriving foodie scene.
- Moving to Dunedin — Dunedin is situated in the south of the South Island and is known for its colourful student population. Dunedin is the Gaelic name for Edinburgh and is famous for its strong links with Scotland. Dunedin is widely known for its scenery and spectacular coastline in particular and is an easy-going, friendly and cosmopolitan city.
- Moving to Hamilton — One of New Zealand’s greenest cities, Hamilton lies nestled in the heart of a rich farming region. It also has a forgiving climate, beautiful scenery, gorgeous rivers and lakes, a clean green environment and well regarded educational facilities. Furthermore, Hamilton’s business community is very prosperous and growing fast.
- Moving to Tauranga — The business centre of the Bay of Plenty is also an area widely recognised as one of the most popular holiday centres of New Zealand. The region’s temperate climate, high sunshine hours and safe white sand beaches are a drawcard for holidaymakers year-round. The beachside town of Mount Maunganui sits in the centre of Tauranga and along with the harbour, dominates the natural landscape. “The Mount” itself is an unmissable 232 metre high extinct volcano and a popular walking track attraction that overlooks the beach, harbour and ocean.
- Moving to Nelson — Nelson is a great place to live and boasts arguably the best climate in the country. Flowing through the urban areas, there is an extensive network of parks, walkways and cycle-ways for recreation and the region also borders three spectacular national parks. Outdoor pursuits are the name of the game in the Nelson/Marlborough region with hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, diving, fishing and swimming all highly popular activities.
- Moving to Palmerston North — Palmerston North is a vibrant youthful city and is known as ‘The Knowledge City’ as it features several tertiary educational organisations, the largest being Massey University. It also hosts a number of annual national and international shows, and events, and a rugby museum.
- Moving to Hawke’s Bay — A Mediterranean-like climate gives rise to the region’s reputation for being the ‘food bowl’ of New Zealand. You will find no shortage of farmers’ markets, specialty food shops, world renowned wine growing and fantastic restaurants whose menus draw on the region’s prolific local produce.