Moving from Australia to NZ
Are you moving across the ditch?
Every year thousands of Australian’s and returning kiwis make the decision to move to New Zealand. Crown Relocations has been the biggest name in the Trans Tasman moving business for over 50 years. Annually, more than 1500 shipments are entrusted to the care of our Crown NZ Move Managers.
If you’re considering a relocation to New Zealand, you can’t go better than having Crown in NZ manage everything at destination. We have a complete ‘one stop’ service that can begin with the immigration process and end with a successful settlement into your new kiwi home.
Get an obligation FREE moving quote today by completing the Shipment of Household Goods Form
Dear Janet, I’d like to take this opportunity to THANK YOU all for helping out my big move all the way from Brisbane to Auckland!
Without you, this would’ve not been possible for me and my husband to settle in and start our new life adventures in less than two weeks!
Thank you, thank you and thank you so much for everything you did to make this move fun, non-stressful, efficient and convenient! Please pass my sincere thanks to all people involved in this move! I will certainly book you for my next move if I have to move back or somewhere else around the world!
Shipment of Household Goods
Our kiwi based Move Management specialists will arrange everything for you. We provide a full service that starts with securing competitive quotations on your behalf. We can source 2-3 competitive bids for you to choose from or give you a comparison to a quote you may have sourced in Australia. In either case you will be making the final decision and we will be working with you.
Once you have chosen a preferred option all you need to do is sit back and let us take care of the stress and worry. We will manage things every step of the journey and keep everything on track.
The benefits of using Crown NZ
The benefits can be summarised as follow;
- Any removal quotes you secure from Crown NZ are for a full door to door service, we include all standard clearance and MPI costs so you have no hidden surprises when your personal effects arrive in New Zealand.
- We recommend that you initially have a ‘one time only’ free WIFI Virtual Survey with our NZ based Move Manager. We can then use that information to source apples for apples quotations from several service partners. If you prefer a home visits we will arrange that from our selection of approved partners.
- Once you accept our quotation there is no need to pay before you leave Australia as we will invoice you in New Zealand, once your goods arrive.
- We will insure your shipment locally in New Zealand. In the unlikely event of an insurance claim you are dealing directly with us and never have to chase up an Australian agent or removals company.
- We will manage your shipment every step of the way through one point of contact. Our Move Managers are very experienced and will look after everything from the moment you sign your acceptance until you are safely settled into your new home
Things you may need to know
What shipping options do I have?
We source competitive bids and give you a number of different options;
- Shared Containers are a popular choice and are often used for small shipments of items. These containers are shared with other Crown customers and are a very cost efficient option, as you only pay for the amount of space you use.
- For those items that you just can’t live without, we provide an Air Freight service. You will find this is the quickest method of international transportation.
- Sole-use Shipping Containers are most often used for full house loads, and ensure the most efficient and quick relocation time frame.
Can I pack my own effects?
We recommend you have your goods professionally packed by the movers. Owner packed goods attract a lot of attention from customs and MPI which may cause you delays and frustrations.
Can I move my pets as well?
Yes it’s great news as cats and dogs can be moved easily between Australia and New Zealand. It is recommended you use a registered pet transportation agent like Jetpets or Elite Pets. This can be arranged by you directly with the supplier or just leave it to us and we take care of it.
What restricted and prohibited items are there?
This is something you need to pay attention to. There is an extensive list of restricted and prohibited items. These are generally classified under plant and animal products, outdoor and farm clothing and equipment, anything that could be contaminated by seeds or water, food products, bamboo and cane products, wooden items and many more. It pays to get a full list from your Move Manager or the MPI website
More good news as you should not have any issues with appliances purchased and used in Australia. Both countries operate on a 220-240 volt electrical supply.