Long Distance Moving
Long Distance Moving
Moving long distance or inter island? Crown Relocations has the resources, expertise, experience and nationwide network to move you and your household items anywhere in New Zealand efficiently and safely.
We provide a door-to-door long distance furniture moving services across New Zealand from our branch and storage facilities in Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Palmerston North, Hastings/Napier, Wellington, Nelson, Christchurch and Dunedin. Our highly trained moving professionals utilise direct loading at residence and a range of industry leading packing techniques to minimise the risk of accidental damage and containerised transport to lower our carbon footprint.
Each of our eight branches operate a fleet of purpose built furniture moving vehicles and containers. For long distance and inter island relocations Crown use containerised transportation by road, rail and sea. We are committed to looking after all of the family and in addition to the moving of your household goods we will provide a range of other services including our Kids programme and Pet moving service.
We also offer our PA for the Day destination service, vehicle and boat relocation, home handy man service and Crown Care Transit Insurance Protection.
- We provide a well trained (TCT), uniformed pack team with an appointed team leader
- All packing is completed on-site and we use export wrapping techniques to provide maximum care
- We provide a special ‘Priority Box’ for all remote controls, IT leads, WiFi connections etc
- For fragile and high value items such as artwork we will provide custom-built crates
- We use heavy duty covers for lounge suites and mattresses
- All household items are numbered and labelled prior to loading with a detailed inventory completed prior to uplift
- Crown also offer a range of home cleaning and property maintenance services
- When the pack team leaves, the cleaners arrive and you make a clean getaway
- We provide a well trained (TCT), uniformed, delivery team with an appointed team leader
- All items are unpacked (cartons to a flat service) and placed in the appropriate rooms to your satisfaction
- All furniture disassembled by Crown (beds etc) will be reassembled by the delivery team
- Your original packing inventory will be checked off
- All waste material and debris will be collected by Crown for recycling
Direct loading at residence
Wherever possible we endeavour to direct load at our clients residence. Direct loading minimises the number of times your goods are handled, which ensures there’s less risk of accidental damage occurring. We recommend that you please discuss this service with your Crown consultant as this may not be available in some rare circumstances.
Our commitment to you is to get our customers to where they need to be, when they need to be there. We have a number of transport options available, tailored to suit customers various needs and their destinations. This enables us to reduce our carbon emissions footprint down to the lowest possible level and enhance customer safety.
We utilise the following containerisation techniques:
- Waterproof custom built containers that are specifically designed for the transportation of household goods
- Containerised transport is a safe and cost effective alternative
- Tie rails are used to secure loads and prevent movement
- Containerisation eliminates unnecessary double handling of goods – it is well known that double handling and trans-shipping during transit significantly increases the risk of damage
A dedicated coordinator will act as a single point of contact at destination to manage your delivery and ensure a satisfactory experience prior to your signing off on the delivery of services.
Helpful tips for delivery day
- Avoid having your delivery scheduled on the same day as your property settlement as settlements can be subject to unexpected delays
- Please ensure Crown is aware of any access issues at your new home
- Either you, your spouse, or your trusted representative, should be present on delivery day to ensure the level of assistance provided meets your needs
- Where practical, arrange for your children to be looked after, or engaged in an activity during the day