Moving Long Distance
Are you moving out of town?
Then you have come to the right place! For over 50 years Crown Relocations have been leaders in long distance moving through a combination of services, competitive pricing, storage options and our nationwide capability.
We provide a door-to-door long distance furniture moving and storage services across New Zealand from our facilities in Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Palmerston North, Hastings/Napier, Wellington, Nelson, Christchurch and Dunedin.
Need a big truck for a big move? Click here to read about our North Island Express.
Every long distance move is different. Whether you are moving a few selected items or a full five bedroom household our job is to get you where you need to be, when you need to be there, with a minimum of stress.
While we always suggest you let us pack everything we understand that many customers want to do this themselves and we’re happy to work with you on that basis.
For all customers moving long distance Crown provides a complete range of Movers Insurance options. Our industry leading Crown Care Protection will enable peace of mind throughout the relocation process.
Crown recommend the LUMP SUM cover. It’s never been so easy to insure your goods in transit. There’s minimal paperwork, no confusion over valuations or premiums, and a 100% assurance of full protection and peace of mind throughout the relocation process.
Inventory & E-Packing
All of Crown’s shipments are fully itemised and inventoried during the packing process. These inventories are used to ensure everything is accounted for, every step of the journey.
For most Crown packed long distance moves we have recently introduced E-Packing, an industry leading digital inventory solution that uses barcodes and a photo gallery to identify your personal effects. Once packing begins your belongings are catalogued digitally and bar coding labels are applied. We will also ask if we can photograph and have you sign off and note any pre-existing conditions or items of special concern or interest to you.
Security & Safety
We know that that the security and safety of your effects while in storage or transit and the quality of our staff in your home are important considerations when choosing a mover.
In recent times the protection of personal information have become a vital concern to most of us. When moving house you become vulnerable as you will be providing movers with financial information, inventories, addresses, moving dates and contact details. We can assure you that when you move with Crown your personal information is strictly controlled on a ‘need to know’ basis. All of our staff complete mandatory training (annually) and sign strict policies about how your information is handled.
Your Move Manager
When you choose Crown you can be assured that our processes are streamlined and our teams well trained. We look after everything from understanding what service best fits your needs, changing the plan if you need to, insuring your move, prepping you for moving day and then coordinating the full door to door or door to store service.
The same dedicated Move Manager will act as the primary point of contact from the beginning right through to the end at the delivery. They will make sure that you are fully informed, every step of the way. Their role is to ensure your satisfaction.
Getting Packed Up
Having the right people who are well trained is the best way to take care of your belongings. Crown provide a uniformed and security cleared operations crew for ‘moving out’ day.
Our operational training places an emphasis on the correct ‘behaviour’ to ensure that we are excellent house guests. After all … the operations crew will be house guests of the family for several days and are entrusted with the care of their personal effects and family heirlooms.
We direct load at residence and can utilise a range of industry leading packing techniques to minimise the risk of accidental damage. For those who choose the Crown pack option we can offer;
- A special ‘Priority Box’ for all remote controls, IT leads, WiFi connections etc.
- Crown Crystal carton with reinforced extra thickness
- Heavy duty removal pads to cover all furniture
- Extra thick plastic bags for lounge suites and mattresses
- Export wrapping for special items
- Custom-built crates (by arrangement) antiques, artwork etc.
- i-Foam carton with ‘foam moulding’ technology
- i-Bubble carton with ‘air pillow’ technology
In addition we have a range of children’s programmes, home cleaning, vehicle transport and property maintenance services. For example when the pack team leaves, our cleaners arrive and you make a clean getaway.
Ask For A Special ‘Helping Hand’
If you are elderly, have a disability, incredibly busy at work, have a young family, are time poor or arranging a move on behalf of someone else this is the service you need, on either moving out day, moving in day or both! .
You might want assistance with the packing or unpacking of personal items, setting up the kitchen or just need a representative on-site because you can’t be there. Some of the common jobs performed by our Helping Hand assistants include;
- Coordinating the move day plan, (in advance) making sure everything is organised and being there to make sure the movers do exactly what they are supposed to do.
- Check everything off against the movers inventory and that the house is tidy before the movers leave for the day.
- Run errands so you can be there all day or be on site so you can go to work or take the children out for the day.
Getting You There
Getting the timing right is crucial to a successful long distance or inter island move. To achieve this we can offer a number of different transport modes to suit any situation. These include;
- Crown Express, which can move anything from a 1-5 bedroom household the length of the country in just two days, this is the fastest in the industry!
- Our weekly North Island service connects Auckland, Tauranga, Hamilton, Rotorua, Taupo, Palmerston North, Kapiti and Wellington. This is perfect for smaller moves that need to get there in a hurry.
- In partnership with Kiwi Rail we provide an ultra-secure and reliable containerised rail service. It is a favourite of many customers due to the environmental benefits of rail vs the traditional road transport option.
- Our containerised coastal shipping options (which may take a little longer) are very price competitive for those who are in no hurry.
Crown’s objective is to help you find the right fit by reducing complexity and taking the weight off your shoulders.
Your Delivery Service
Our delivery teams will show the same care and consideration when delivering your effects as we did when we packed them. For a full unpack service we will unpack all items to a flat surface. If you choose the standard delivery service you can expect the following;
- Uniformed and security cleared Crown staff on delivery
- Original packing inventory checked off
- All items placed in appropriate rooms
- Items disassembled by Crown are reassembled
- Furniture items wrapped by Crown are unwrapped
- Removal of waste packing materials after delivery
Some helpful hints for delivery day;
- Avoid having your delivery scheduled on the same day as your property settlement as settlements can be subject to unexpected delays
- Ensure we is aware of any access issues at your new home
- Either you, your spouse, or a trusted representative, should be present on delivery day to ensure the level of assistance provided meets your needs
- Where practical, arrange for your children and pets to be looked after, or engaged in an activity during the day