For everyone considering a move to New Zealand, Crown Relocations provide a complete range of Crown Care Protection options to enable peace of mind throughout the relocation process.
Why purchase transit insurance?
While Crown takes every precaution to ensure your possessions are safe and secure, we cannot protect against the possibility of loss or damage due to unavoidable or unforeseen circumstances. Where there is a risk there is a need for protection. Just as we insure our lives, our incomes, our health, our vehicles, our businesses and our homes it is very important we protect our goods in transit.
What does transit insurance cover?
Why choose Crown Care protection?
Features of Crown Care protection are:
- Crown offer replacement cover; that means replacement with a new item. Most third party cover is at market or depreciated value, Crown Care is at replacement value. This means the value your item had at the time you purchased it.
- Crown Care is a specialist policy designed specifically for customers whose effects are moving within New Zealand or overseas. It is not an extension to household contents cover. It provides comprehensive protection for the lifetime of the service and not for parts of the service.
- We won’t deliver your goods and leave you to battle it out with unfamiliar agents. In the unlikely event of a claim to and from anywhere in the world, you will only deal with Crown and not be subjected to settling agents and unknown third parties.
- Crown Care means we prioritise rapid settlement of all claims. We manage our own policy and view claims settlement as a customer service. We always endeavour to settle claims in days and weeks rather than months.
- In the event that a customer moving within New Zealand has a claim lodged with Crown, that claim will not affect their no claims bonus entitlements on any other household insurances.
Arranging Crown Care protection
The available options
- They can either complete a Valued Inventory that involves determining the full replacement value of their effects
- Or they can take up the Lump Sum option of establishing their insured value
For those who take the Lump Sum option, the sum insured and premium are provided by Crown with no fuss or confusion. Each relocation is unique, which is why we also offer ‘non standard’ additional protection to both Valued inventory and Lump Sum options. These additional covers can include mould and mildew, electrical and mechanical derangement, pairs and sets, freezer contents and antiques.
Crown recommend the Lump Sum Valuation option as a simple and cost effective way to ensure full protection. With Lump Sum protection there is no requirement to research the replacement cost of personal and household effects, which is especially frustrating when customers are moving overseas. Crown assess each move and then provide the insurance valuation and premium with no fuss, confusion or stress. There is minimal paperwork and customers are assured of full cover with no risk/chance of under-insuring.