Project Management Services
Project Management Services
The key to a successful office moving project is combining effective, detailed planning and competent management whilst transporting facilities and assets with maximum care. Crown Workplace Relocations have the know-how, equipment and hands-on experience to complete both large and small scale projects on schedule and within budget. Our experienced Project Managers are experts at maintaining clear and well defined lines of communication between all stakeholders, and we understand that this is key to a successful relocation. The project Manager is an integral part of our client’s team and is involved at all levels to scope, plan, budget, coordinate and successfully deliver on planned outcomes.
Major projects completed
Here are some examples of major Workplace Relocation projects we have carried out:
- Hills Laboratories: five office locations around Hamilton were relocated to a single purpose built facility in Frankton. The relocations, completed over five extended weekend periods, were all achieved within the agreed deadlines – allowing the client’s engineers to be able to install and calibrate the hi-tech laboratory equipment with urgency. The combined Crown Hamilton / Auckland project team coordinated to enable specialised crane and temperature controlled transportation and the relocation of a wide variety of valuable effects including:
– Delicate laboratory equipment
– Full height refrigeration
– Hoods and bio safety cabinets
– Lab desk equipment: incubators, centrifuges and sample handling robotics
- Datacom: 1,100 staff were relocated from four CBD locations into one site within Auckland’s new Wynyard tech precinct in downtown Auckland. To enable Datacom staff to keep working throughout the transition process, the majority of the staff relocations were carried out during evenings and weekend periods. This process involved the installation of all personal computers, the relocation of work stations and all personal effects. At the conclusion of the project Crown executed a disposal process for all redundant assets with the re-purposing of items into the local business community.
- Vodafone: To date 2,500 Vodafone customers have been relocated, with Vodafone leaving their Fanshawe Street Building and moving most of their operation to a city fringe location as part of an exit strategy. This project is also in the midst of a second mass staff relocation, with the business consolidating into their Smales Farm building location. Challenged with primarily moving large groups over weekends and during after-hours time periods, with smaller mid-week and short lead time requirements, our teams were able to complete all jobs within the allocated timeframes and budgets.
- Auckland Council: The Auckland Council merger saw Crown Workplace Relocations move in excess of 400 staff per weekend from up to 30 locations, across a 100km area. This required detailed planning and numerous crews to ensure that every move was completed in line with the customer’s expectations.
- IRD Christchurch: IRD needed 1,000 staff relocated from half a dozen locations around Christchurch. These office moves were staged over multiple weekends and included the packing and relocation of all computers and the cataloguing, removal, and storage of surplus furniture. The project was completed on time and under budget.
- Bank of New Zealand: 2,500 staff and office items were moved from multiple sites to new buildings in both Auckland and Wellington with numerous pick-up and delivery points. In addition to relocating confidential mortgage files in sequence, Crown Relocations was required to remove monitor stands from all personal computers before packing and relocating them. The largest single relocation was a group of 300 staff, 40% of whom had hard drives and dual monitors. This meant that 400 staff with computer equivalents were moved and set-up within just 24 hours.
- National Library of New Zealand: The Alexander Turnbull Library (and other high value pieces of arts) were relocated for the National Library as they undertook an extensive refit of their Wellington site. This move entailed the packing and removal of millions of books and photographs, over 80,000 thousand paintings and many other collections recording the nation’s history. This was the largest single relocation of its type ever in New Zealand and this was delivered not only on time, but within budget also.
- ASB Bank: Crown relocated over 1,200 staff from the former ASB headquarters on Albert St in downtown Auckland, to a new state of the art facility at the Wynyard Quarter on Auckland’s waterfront. This represented one of the biggest logistical challenges to ever be carried out in the Auckland region. The project took six weeks from start to finish with the last six days of the project involving 70 Crown staff who worked 24 hours a day to ensure an efficient and successful workplace relocation.
For a free quotation please complete the Office Relocations Quote form. Alternatively please phone us on: 0508 227 696 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll put you in touch with a Office Relocations specialist.