Seattle is an exciting urban city surrounded by unmatched natural beauty and adventure. The city is surrounded by both mountains and water on two sides – this scenery is a big draw card for residents.
Seattle has quietly grown from a far-flung port city to being nationally recognised as one of the most liveable cities in the United States. Thousands of people move to Seattle every year. It is a melting pot of nations, and has something for everyone to work, live and play.
Seattle has a wide variety of highly efficient transportation options to choose from whether you’re travelling on land or sea. From buses to trains, monorail or light rail, cars and bikes, water taxis or ferries, the options are there to suit your convenience and budget.
Unlike most North American cities, water transportation is paramount. The Washington State Ferries is the largest ferry system in the United States and the third largest in the world that operates a passenger-only ferry.
Find Your Perfect Home
Seattle is home to over 700,000 people. This makes Seattle real estate market the largest in both the state of Washington and the Pacific Northwest. Whether you are thinking to rent or buy a home, be sure to factor in your income and lifestyle costs. Although the average Seattleite earns more than the average American, Seattle is one of the most expensive places to live in the U.S.
Find Your Perfect Neighbourhood
In Seattle, there is something for everybody. There are some neighbourhoods that are more suitable for families, and there are some that younger people love to dwell in.
Here are some insights into a handful of the more popular neighbourhoods in Seattle:
- Belltown– is a central Seattle district filled with world-class art, buzzing dining options and a legendary music scene.
- Downtown– The real heart of Seattle, the central business district with all the hustle and bustle of a big city. It boasts famous spots such as Pike Place Market, Nordstrom, Paramount Theatre and The Showbox.
- Fremont– The self-proclaimed ‘Center of the Universe’, it is known for its quirky counter-cultural vibe. The neighbourhood hosts headquarters for big-name companies such as Google and Adobe Systems, and high-end boutiques.
- University District– or U-District, surrounding the University of Washington, is mostly occupied by the younger crowds. It’s an eclectic mix of urban shops and historic architecture, ‘The Ave’, great cafes, pub and restaurants.
- West Seattle – is more laid-back with a beach-town vibe. It offers unique boutiques from anything vinyl to vintage.
- Windermere– An exclusive neighbourhood in Northeast Seattle, known for its quiet streets and is perfect for families.
Employment options in Seattle are endless. The unemployment rate in Seattle is lower than in other bigger cities, which is around 3.1%, and the job market is still on the rise. The biggest and the highest paying companies are the ones related to business, technology and scientific services. However in recent years, the number of job openings in the trade, manufacturing, education, hospitality and healthcare sectors are beginning to also increase.
Pet Love in Seattle
Pets are cherished in a big way in this city. At every corner, every park, under a café table, you will easily spot a pet of some kind. Seattle is the only city in the USA where the number of dogs and cats outnumber that of children under the age of 18! If you plan on moving with your pet, then you won’t regret choosing Seattle.
Sports, Sports, Sports!
In Seattle, almost everybody is a fan of some sport, this is because there are so many teams to choose from. Being a fan of sport does not only mean that you have to be a loyal spectator. Here, you can enjoy, do and play all the sports you like too! There are hundreds of gyms, arenas, fields, stadiums, courses and similar to choose from.
In Seattle you will see that there are people from all walks of life, enjoying everything the city has to offer. Besides the restaurants, coffee shops, pubs, bars, and clubs, here you can be entertained by many sight-seeing spots, vibrant music scenes as well as the arts and culture.
Relocating to Seattle
Moving is a process that requires a lot of planning and organisation, especially if you are moving to another country. Start planning early, research moving companies that can provide the level of service and offer you the options that fit your requirements, decide on a date and a budget. Moving overseas you want to make sure that you can track your international delivery too.
Rest easy knowing Crown has over 200 offices in 50 countries. Whether you have a little or a lot, we can help you relocate and settle into your new life in Seattle, Washington USA. Call our friendly team on: 0508 227 696 or request a free moving quote